The great thing about this is not only it is a great way of warming up but due to its nutritional goodness it is a substantial meal which fills you up rather than just a tasty soup.
1cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely sliced
1 garlic clove, sliced
½ red chilli, thinly sliced
1 lemongrass stalk, halved
4 sprigs of broccoli, halved lengthways with stalks removed
6 baby corn, halved lengthways
½ red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
100g rice noodles
300g lean rump steak, cut into visible strips
1 tablespoon miso paste
- Put the stock in a saucepan and add the ginger, garlic, chilli and lemongrass. Cover the pan, then place over a low heat and bring slowly to a gentle simmer.
- Add the broccoli, baby corn and red pepper and cook for 5 minutes, or until the veg are just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles and then drain them in a colander.
- Add the strips of rump steak and miso paste to the soup in the pan and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve discard the lemongrass and ladle the hot soup over the noodles and serve immediately.