I was flicking through one of my personal training magazines the other day and I came across this recipe.
I had a bit of extra time that day so I thought I’d give it a shot and do a bit of cooking.
The recipes were for Tuna and Feta Frittatas. They were delicious!
On the right is a photo of the batch of 12 frittatas I made up with this recipe.
So if you fancy giving these a try then here it is:
Tuna & Feta Frittata
– 6 Eggs
– 2 Tins Of Tuna
– 1/2 Tin Of Sweetcorn
– 75ml Milk
– 100g Feta Cheese
– 1 tbsp Coridander Or Chives
– Black Pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 200 Degree C
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add all of the ingredients
3. Mix together with fork
4. Spoon the mixture into 12 sillicone muffin cases or a metal muffin tins lined with baking paper. You may want to spray with a bit of 1 cal spray oil if needed. (I did 6 with sillicone muffin cases and 6 with baking paper, the ones in the muffin cases were a lot better)
5. Bake in the oven until the egg is cooked. Should take between 15-25 mins
6. Serve and enjoy. Great with salad.
So there we have it. Prepared and cooked in around 30 mins time.
You can pop the leftovers in the fridge and they will keep for about 3 days. You can reheat them for 60s in the microwave or just eat them cold.
Each egg muffin is less than 100 calories and contains around 10g of protein.
Jamie ‘Masterchef in the making’ Stedman